Monday, January 23, 2012

Something I wrote for Am. Lit....
A holiday Memmory;


After spending half a day in school, a dreadful, boring day, he and I set off to my apartment. As we walked along the side of the highway, we held hands, not saying a word. It was very peaceful and cold. We eventually got to my home and I struggled finding the right key. But as we entered, he took my hand and turned me around and kissed me. It was perfect and sweet. We went into my room and laid down to rest; about an hour later I woke to my brother crying. He ran in the door screaming and crying because he ate my cheeseburger, which I did not care. However, my mother was upset because he had a Mc rib and ate mine because he likes to make me mad. So he woke my love; he woke up crabby and tired. He doesn’t sleep often, but he sleeps well when he’s holding me. As our day went on, we watched the young beg for candy. We walked around in the small town of Minocqua, looking at all the stores and bars. We walked until the kids were done trick-or-treating. My mother then decided to take them all to Woodruff so he then took me to dinner. The restaurant smelled like Italy and had paintings on the wall of flowers and masonry.  It was beautiful and our waitress was so kind. I ordered the Greek food and he ordered some type of cheese and later mozzarella sticks. We started off with sharing an Oreo-shake; we put two straws in the glass and leaned over the table at the same time. The shake was so good; I think I drank it all. As we ate our dinner, he kindly took my hand. The minute he touched me I got shivers down my spine. He looked at the ring he bought me and told me he’d get me a new one. He grasped my hand harder and without a blink of my eye, kissed it. “I love you” he told me. I almost cried because he’s so sweet to me. Now that I think back to that beautiful night of the dead, I remember how beautiful and joyous I felt. Whenever I close my eyes, I’m there.

No comments:

Post a Comment